dinsdag 16 februari 2010

What is the best way to increase threshold power?

by Jesper Bondo Medhus, MD

It is a difficult question and I think there is no answer that fits all. My personal belief is that a combination of VO2 max and threshold power intervals are necessary for highly trained riders (professionals/elite) to make them reach their physiological potential. Even though I give these two methods a little plus, I admit that your success rate when you try these intervals is crucial. If you miss the intervals too often, it would be better going with either sub-threshold power intervals or endurance rides.
I think that for most riders, the most secure way to build threshold power over time is to use a combination of all 4 training methods with sub-threshold power intervals as the most frequent interval training session.
Ok, you have managed to read this far and I guess you are now very inspired to design some great workouts that will help you to increase your threshold power.


read full article on: http://www.training4cyclists.com/threshold-power/

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten

 

stradbroke island